Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ok, my problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 needhelp1000

needhelp1000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

well eveytime i try to play one off my games from my desktop it restart into a blue screen so i wikipedia it but i need steps how to fix the the problem snice my dell not working am using compaq but i installed windows xp home edition from my cd is anybody that can help out ther :thumbsup: thanks for ur concern

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

FWIW: Before You Post About A Problem - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18366/before-you-post-about-a-problem/

Louis

#3 needhelp1000

needhelp1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

well ok thnx can i get some help

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

Can we get some info to work with?

IMO, I don't see anything useful that you've posted thus far.

There are lots of different blue screens...lots of different Dells...lots of different error messages...lots of differing circumstances that contribute to problems.

My Step One: Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm

My Step Two: Post all details of the error message for the STOP error/BSOD.

My Step Three: Post the system manufacturer (Dell) and model.

My Step Four: Check Event Viewer for possible clues, How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

My Step Five: Tell us what games result in errors.

Louis

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

I think hamluis woke on the wrong side of the bed today... :thumbsup:

When you get the blue screen this is a stop message, and it should have a number that is something like 0x0000000A. Please write this down the next time this happens and post it back here.

You can also look in the Event Viewer for error that occur at the time that you get a Stop message.

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the times that this is happening.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

It would also help to know the make and model of your computer.

Have you added a graphics card to this computer, if so what make and model?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users