Please download runscanner.zip
and save to your desktop.
- Create a new folder on your hard drive called Runscanner (C:\Runscanner) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)
- Double-click Runscanner.exe to launch.
- Select Beginner mode and click Ok.
- Select Do a full scan and save a log file (default is Full Scan) to start.
- Please be patient and do not use your computer during the scan.
- When the scan is complete, a window will open asking you to save runscanner.run. Click Cancel.
- Another window will open asking you to save runscanner.log.
- Save it to your desktop and "Save as type: Runscanner log file [*.log].
- The log file will automatically open in Notepad.
- Go to the top menu, click on "Format" and uncheck "Word Wrap" if checked.
- Copy and paste the contents of the log file into a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
- Exit Runscanner when done.
: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable
to get DDS to run. If Runscanner did not work, then reply back here.
If you cannot use the Internet or download any programs, try downloading from another computer (family member, friend, etc). Save to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If you cannot copy files to your usb drive, make sure its not "Write Protected". Some flash drives have a switch on the side which could have accidentally been moved to write protect.