Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer restarts itself

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 glopez

glopez

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

This morning and every morning when I turn on my computer. It always shuts down and restarts itself and then againa and again. about 4-5 times. What is wrong with this this? I am on it right now and hasn't shut itself down , yet. What do I do I need someones help. Please, It's driving me nuts. Oh, I 've looked at my event viewer and its full of errors. how do i display a copy?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:08 PM

The first thing to do is to stop the automatic restarts, when they have been disabled you will get a error message rather than a restart. Please post back here with exactly what the error message is.

Start> right click on My Computer> Properties> Advanced.

Under Startup and Recovery click on Settings, under System Failure remove the check in the box for Automatically Restart.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 eastonch

eastonch

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:50 PM

hi. this could be a range of problems, firstly as the second post said, diable auto shut down and reboots. when next starting up, it will display a Blue screen of death, this will be when the pc usually reboots due to a system failure. copy the whole of the top few lines such as the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

then near the bottom where it says a few stop codes eg, "Stop 0x00005465767" or something like that. copy them and post on this forum aswell as searching for the stop codes on the net. when you have a error in the system logger, double click it and view more options of it, it will display a log of what happened. look for the 'advaced info' of it or what it says, not the Bytes part because none of us will understand it. get the info and post on here asap. we wil lthen be able to identify the problem and come up with a solution.
~ Chris

#4 ZenMasta

ZenMasta

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

Have you installed any new hardware recently? Or perhaps bumped you computer and some how nudged a currently installed pci device? In my experience the blue screen on XP is hardware related and it has happend for me after installing unsupported hardware or one time when I was plugging in my monitor cable and trying to wiggle it in, I guess my card was loose and it caused a BSOD.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hey guys... once the restart has been stopped the stop error will appear and we will have something concrete to work with. Why don't we hold off with the speculation until then. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users