Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a way to find out what video hardware is in the system?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shandley

Shandley

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

Greetings.

I have a computer with integrated video. It appears the drivers are the wrong ones. Although it works, it doesn't work well. The refresh rate is pretty slow.. but it use to be fast before the user 'upgraded' the drivers. Roll back not possible. The problem here is that I have no idea what drivers to get. I went to the motherboard manufacturer with no luck. That is to say I downloaded their video drivers (with a setup.exe) and ran it but it told me I couldn't install the drivers. No reason given.

Maybe this is bigger than not knowing what drives the video on this system. I am open to ideas.

The motherboard is a KM400-M2 v1.0b which appears to be a ECS board.

any ideas? please be specific. I'm a little new to this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:07 AM

Did you try the drivers at this site? They list it as a sound driver.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Shandley

Shandley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

By the looks of it, the sound driver is a sound driver. I pulled the video drivers from that site and its the same as the ones off of the ECS site. Setup fails.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:O-e8kg...;cd=9&gl=us

I see no video drivers at the ECS site.

What makes you say that it's onboard video?

Could be a motherboard made for a boxmaker (Dell, Gateway, eMachine, etc.).

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#5 Shandley

Shandley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

Click on drivers next to it or click this link http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloads...=82&LanID=0

It's onboard video. It's attached to the motherboard and not a card. Integrated I think is the word used.

It was a built machine but not by Dell or HP. A guy I know builds them up from scratch all custom-like.

The "system" is, again, custom. The motherboard would be the only thing affecting this. That or the driver. I run Windows XP Professional on it.

Wada ya think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users