Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I cannot access Microsoft websites/antivirus websites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nukie

nukie

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

Ive had this problem before and I know its no good. Last time however I had to format my whole computer because I didnt have any time to take it off and my internet providor forced me to format my computer or not get the internet. If it happens again they'll cut my internet permanently.

So to my Problem: Whenever I try to access Microsoft of a antivirus website (AVG, norton, malwarebytes.org, etc.), I get a a "the page cannot be viewed" message.

It was working this afternoon when I was trying to download IE6 onto my computer when it said I need to install SP3 for XP and install all these automatic updates. I however cancelled this an hour later because it was taking very long and I had time constraints. and I tried a few hours later and it didnt work.

Im running XP with SP2 and I have MBAM on my computer and also AVG but I dont think its working properly (i.e. it doesnt come up on the system tray)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NinthGhost

NinthGhost

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:38 AM

I have the same problem. Any luck?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users