Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

express video card upside down?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dr_ml422

dr_ml422

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:38 AM

I noticed most cases now open up from the left side n have a see through window. Now the pci express video cards are manufactured such that if you insert it into a case that opens up from the left side then the card will be upside down w/its fan underneath. Is this the proper installation? I thought the fan that comes on the pci express card is suppose to be on top when you insert the card into the slot. Most cases open up from the left so there's no way that the fan will be on top. so what's the proper installation of a express pci video card w/a fan? Is the fan suppose to be on top or underneath? Are there any cases that open from the right so that the card can be installed correctly w/the fan on top if that's the correct way? Thnx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:51 AM

There is only one way for the card to plug into the slot, so it has to be correct. As long as the fan is moving air there shouldn't be any problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users