Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just-In-Time Debugging pop ups!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Renee1979

Renee1979

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

Hi everyone!

For the last week or so i have been getting these pop ups all the time. They are a small window that have "Just-In-Time Debugging" at the top and it asks me to select a debugger. and then it has "New Instance of Microsoft Script Editor" under the heading of possible debuggers. At the bottom it has the "Yes" or "No" buttons.

I can't seem to pin point it to a program that is running etc.

Is it possible that i may have a virus, if so can anyone help?

Thanks
Renee

Sorry i forgot to add operatng system. I am running Windows XP Professional. I also have AVG Free edition installed as my antivirus. Thanks

Edited by Renee1979, 09 March 2009 - 09:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:23 AM

Just-In-Time debugging is a feature that launches the Visual Studio debugger automatically when a program, running outside Visual Studio, encounters a fatal error. Just-In-Time debugging allows you to examine the error before the application is terminated by the operating system. The Visual Studio debugger does not need to be running when the error occurs.

If an error occurs while Just-In-Time debugging is enabled, a dialog box opens, asking if you want to debug the program and which debugger you want to use.

Just-In-Time debugging
How to: Enable/Disable Just-In-Time Debugging
Just-In-Time, Debugging, Options Dialog Box
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Renee1979

Renee1979
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for your help quietman7.

I'm a little worried i might have a virus. I've never had this pop up before and now i get it about 60 times a day. Do you think its possible that this may also be the result of a virus? I will disable it as you suggested.

Thanks again!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:22 AM

If you do a search on the net, you will find the Just-In-Time debugging issue a common complaint with various causes and possible solutions. What works for one person may not work for another. There are discussions at the Microsoft Developer Network with various solutions suggested in these topics:Also see Unhandled exceptions are caught by the Visual Studio JIT debugger instead of Dr. Watson.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users