Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New computer striving to be hip enough for teens

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:26 PM

A new computer brand has been started that is aiming to be "hip" enough for teenagers.

This all white computer, with monitors trimmed in leopard prints, pink fur, or graffiti is aiming to appeal to teenagers. These computers will have add-ons that will allow you to plug in a special MP3 player or cell phone directly into it so that it becomes an hub for all of a teenagers communication needs.
The main question though is the price of $1,699 for a Pentium 4 1.5ghz, 120 GB Hard Drive, Flat Screen, and Wifi worth it? Tell us what you think.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:05 PM

Good topic........But for the price I wouldnt take it! I can add pink fuzzy junk around my pc or laptop now for 10 bucks! And Hey I got a bigger cpu than that and for a lot less I got all the stuff they have"The computer has standard elements: a 1.5-gigahertz Pentium processor, Windows XP, antivirus software, spyware and pop-up blockers and parental controls.". It looks nice but theres a catch or rather a few. Ok first the price come on now thats way to much for what it has........next it runs different than most program so it would be hard for any of us here to help a person with a problem fix it.
Well that my opinion.

#3 pondering

pondering

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:58 PM

I think it is to expensive for a 1.5 gig. It is all bells and whistles. Kids can personalize their bedroom without that.

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:30 AM

I couldnt stop laughing when I read it, and then I stopped. Maybe I could build one like that and make a killing in profit.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:36 AM

:flowers: You can do it Jason (said in my best Rob Schneider voice)!! :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#6 pondering

pondering

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:45 PM

[quote name='JEservices' date='Aug 20 2004, 01:30 AM']I couldnt stop laughing when I read it, and then I stopped. Maybe I could build one like that and make a killing in profit.[/quote]
[QUOTE]

Walmart has "pink fur" on sale. :thumbsup:

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:28 AM

I though the same thing.........Walmart has "pink fur" on sale." Ok I think I will buy some pink fur at walmart add some color to this here hp laptop add the pink stuff and sell it on ebay for 1,200! I might get it tooooo lol

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:24 PM

I think that modern teens are tech-savvy enough to look past the bells, whistles, and fake fur to find that it is overpriced. And white is not an "in'' colour, especially for kids.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#9 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:38 PM

being "aimed" at teenagers, how on earth do they justify the price? the average teenager works for about $7/hr (at least here). while i do realize that they're actually wanting mom & dad to shell out the $$, most people will shop around these days...even if they buy online...to actually see it, and touch it, at which time they'll realize exactly what's been said here...pink fur is NOT worth a couple hundred more dollars. and the kids with parents who HAVE the $$ will bypass it completely....for a screaming computer with more of everything. while my generation may be computer-illiterate (but learning!!) ...i assure you my kids are NOT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users