Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TrendMicro Housecall scan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NHyeah

NHyeah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

I'm new to this and this is my first post ever. I think my computer may be infected with a virus (Conflicker) and someone suggested I run a scan using Housecall to see if it showed up. When I try to load the scan web page it hangs up part way through and I'm not able to run the scan. I've tried loading the page with both FireFox (2.0.0.16) and IE (7.0.5730.11) but neither worked.

I downloaded HijackThis, scanned my computer, and saved a log of the event. I'm told I can post this log for evaluation online. I've searched this forum but didn't find any info re this specific problem. Can anyone please help, or at least point me in the right direction for an answer?

Thanks...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,939 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:09 AM

Welcome to BC NHyeah

DDS/HijackThis logs are not permitted in this forum. The HJT Team members are all volunteers who contribute to helping members as time permits but currently there is a backup and you may have to wait for assistance. Referrals are made to the HJT forum if we cannot assist you here or the infection returning and we need to use more powerful tools.

Try another online scanner:
BitDefender Online Scanner. <- Add a check by "Autoclean" and choose the option to "Quarantine".
F-Secure Online Scanner. <- Be sure to follow the directions on the F-Secure page for proper Installation. (Vista compatible)
ESET Nod32 Online Scanner <- Choose the option to Remove Threats and Scan unwanted applications. (Vista compatible but Internet Explorer must be Run as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.)

Also see How to remove Downadup and Conficker worm.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 NHyeah

NHyeah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:42 AM

Thank you for the advice, quietman 7. I will try your suggestions.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,939 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:54 AM

You're welcome.

Post back if you continue to have problems.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users