Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reinstalling OS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mdwhitney

mdwhitney

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

I don't know if I have a virus, hack or just bad luck. After having browser problems and missing .exe files I'm considering wiping my drive and starting from scratch. Dell gave me the run around on backup discs since my machine is just over 3 yrs old. I've saved all my important stuff to a backup drive so I'm not worried about losing info. I read on boot up that ctr + F11 would reset everthing to factory specs. Is this true and could it solve my problem. I've got another machine that I could cannibalize the HD from but I'm waiting to do that as a last resort.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

What does your users manual say?

Louis

#3 mdwhitney

mdwhitney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:52 PM

Dell didn't give me any useful manuals when I got the computer. If I wanted backup discs I was supposed to request them within the warranty period, which is now expired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users