Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FAR CRY 2 CRASHING ISSUE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 )Cayman(

)Cayman(

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

Hi,

it seems that when in game it crashes a ridiculous amount,

detailed symptoms;

screen freezes, then goes a little darker, then back to normal, then goes black with the same brightness change every second or so. the sound is playing throughout. i have to alt f4 to get back to desktop

sometimes the crash sort of stops and i can resume playing, only to crash again after a few seconds a play

it happens after a few seconds or after 5 mins. the thing is, some days i can play it for hours on end with no problems whatsoever, and then some days it crashes constantly!

IT DRIVING ME CRAAAAZYYY!!!

to prempt any unhelpful posts, no offense, i've updated all my drivers for EVERYTHING (specs below). the only driver that is slightly out of date is the display as the latest one was causing CTD's!...im on catalyst 8.11/8.12

registry has been cleaned, havent defragged for about a month

specs:
dell dimension e520
intel core 2 duo 6300 @1.86ghz
2gb DDR2 ram @ 400-667 mhz
ASUS EAHD 4670
XP SP3
integrated sound
350w DELL PSU.- i know its feeble but as i said above it is proven that it works!!!!!!!

thanks in advance!!

PS, all other games run fine (cod4 etc) and this problem only occurs in single player mode!

also........heres a strange thing that happens with it........

when im loading a save game and the splash screens of the far cry 2 world come up with the loading spinny thing and the quote thing, if it takes THREE splashscreens before im in game, the game will run fine indefinetly. BUT when there are only 2 SPLASHSCREENS during loading the game will do aforementioned crash/freeze thing. also when the game sound effects dont cut in the the loading it will run fine too, but when they do i have the crash/freeze issue.

PLZ help, im getting to the end of my tether with this game.......

i've been told its a PSU issue....any other suggestions......?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

Have you tried patching the game?

I was also thinking this may be an issue with your ram, but if this isn't occurring in other games, then it may not be. It probably wouldn't hurt to run memtest overnight though: http://memtest86.com/.

You said you have ram at 400mhz? That will bottleneck your processor. Also, your processor, even though a core 2 duo, is a little on the slow side. What settings are you playing in the game, and is it smooth?

How many amps are on the +12V rail(s) on your power supply? 350-watts should be sufficient, but it would be better if you had more.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users