Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent help with ext HD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 masaro

masaro

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

Dear all,

I'm in a dire situation and really need some help. I was working on some Adobe Illustrator graphic files and after I was done I was transfering to my ext. hard drive (Barracuda 50 gig) and then I think the USB jack on the ext. HD had some problems then there is a pop-up saying there was an error with the transfer.
I then tried to safely eject the drive and plug in back again to access my drive and the whole ordeal started.....

First while running autorun when the ext HD first got plugged in, after awhile the pop up about the error happens again and whole windows explorer freezes up completely. I would have to end up rebooting it with the ext. HD unplugged.

Second, even if I manage to stop autoplay early enough without having it freezing up the CPU, when I tried clicking on the HD from MY COMPUTER, it say it needs to reformatt and ask me yes or no. I obviously clicked no. I found some broken links on the web about there might be a chance for me to access the drive again by fixing some "MBR" files......

I really need this help since all my important work files are on it and my job literary depends on it rite now or else I would be canned.....it'd be a horrible nightmare during this economic downturn.

Pleeeeease help me out as you see this since my job depends on it. Much appreciated!!!!

masaro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masaro

masaro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:01 AM

I really need some help and insight into this....please any help would be greatly appreciative!

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:07 PM

I would try to remove it from the enclosure and install it in the computer as a slave and see if you can recover files that way
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users