Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GIS maps and ArcReader

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WisJim

WisJim

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

I'm not positive what forum this should be in, but I use it as a business application. I use ArcReader to access GIS maps, and ArcReader 9.1 works fine on both Vista (32bit) and Windows XP, but the newer version, ArcReader 9.3 won't work right on my Vista laptop. Some of the layers of information on the maps disappears, and the 9.3 version has some very useful added features that would save me lots of time. I have gotten no help from ESRI when I submit questions.

Anyone have any experience with ArcReader?

Thanks.

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WisJim

WisJim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:44 AM

Since I am not getting any response to this, does anyone have any ideas where I might get help? ESRI (the source of the ArcReader software) is unresponsive too, as is Microsoft.

#3 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hi Jim,

I see this is an old post, sorry you weren't able to get any help with this. I work in IT for a county in Pennsylvania and we support the GIS department and they use ArcGIS, so I have some experience with this. Nothing in the Vista envirnment, but I'll try to help

If I recall correctly ArcGIS will need to have specific versions of Java installed, and I recall problems occurring as result of that which I was able to fix. We only rolled out Java updates 5 version 6. 9 and 11. All other updates seemed to cause problems for this and other applications that the county uses. Maybe you can start there, getting those updated?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users