Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Problems Not monitor or connection.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Deadly hope

Deadly hope

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

Okay, so this is my mothers computer. The screen is very very blurry. I've never come across this before. Any help? If any one needs more info. let me know I'll through it at you.

Thanks for all and suggestions! :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,829 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

You can check if your display drivers are installed and up to date, but from what I know the only problems that caused this behaviour were caused by damaged cables (check if the pins aren't damaged, by my experience this often causes the problem). If this seems to be the problem, you can change the cable.
You can try what happens when you use another cable. You can also try a good monitor. If it gives the same blurry image it can be a problem with your videocard (I am not really into videocards, maybe someone else can give you more information about checking that).

Good luck!

Edited by elise025, 09 March 2009 - 12:43 PM.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#3 Deadly hope

Deadly hope
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

Thanks. But I switched out monitors. I have two and they both are doing the same wavy and blurry thing.

#4 JJ2K

JJ2K

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

Check your display settings:

Right-click anywhere on the desktop in an empty area and click the "Properties button"

Then navigate to the "Settings" tab

Then make sure the correct resolution is selected, also try different resolutions, and different colour settings.

Also check the correct drivers are installed for your monitor!

#5 Deadly hope

Deadly hope
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

Already did both of those. The drivers are correct and already did the resolution. it worked for about 24 hours. then it did the same and got worse. :thumbsup:

#6 JJ2K

JJ2K

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

Well if you didn't change any settings between the 24-hours when it worked and when it didn't (try to think if you did), i'd assume it would be a hardware problem? Are you using the same cables etc.

#7 Deadly hope

Deadly hope
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

I didn't change any settings. I also didn't change the cable or anything until it did it again. My guess is hardware. But I want to make sure that is it and not something else. Ya know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users