Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hello and thank you!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snowcherries

snowcherries

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

Hello, and thanks for being here to help!
My computer recently had a "freak out" moment, where a fake anti-virus program took over. It took a few passes with Spybot and Malwarebytes to clear it all away, but I think it's all under control now.
I have a Hijackthis log to post, hoping someone can tell me if it's safe to go back to business-as-usual with my computer (online banking, etc).
Being new here, I'm not really sure where I should post it. Any suggestions would be great!
thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hi snowcherries

I suggest you post to the Am I Infected? What Do I Do? forum. However before you do so, please read the following article: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41987/before-you-post-about-a-problem/
Once someone from the HJT Team has read your post they will be able to advise you of the best course of action.

Edited by SLIX, 09 March 2009 - 12:25 PM.

Steve

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

If you think your computer may be infected, then it seems prudent to avoid any sensitive use of it until the problem is identified and the malware removed. Posting about your problem in the Am I Infected? Forum will allow knowledgeable people to begin the process of helping you (do NOT post a HJT log there, though).
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Divyang

Divyang

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hello, it's good to be here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users