Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i need help with my mouse

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thorn_within

thorn_within

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:58 PM

basically i have a logitech infa-red mouse its not usb and sometimes it clicks open all my applications 20- and up times safe mode doesnt fix it and i need my computer to work properly for study. the only thing that works is turning it off and on till it stops . plz help some one

thanks

thorn_within

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:15 PM

Wait, i dont completely understand.....it randomly clicks things?

and opens up all your applications?

That sounds like a virus, or a major hardware error.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:59 PM

Do you have the software that came with the mouse? If so, reinstall it, or even better, go to the following webpage and click on the mouse you have:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/download...US/EN,CRID=1792

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:21 PM

First change the surface on which you run your mouse - just try with a sheet of plain paper and see if it makes any difference.

Second - use a fine brush to 'sweep' around the optical sensor - I've read about hair being caught in the sensor an causing all kinds of wierd behaviour.

Third - A cheap and easy way to determine if it is your mouse or your system is to buy another mouse and swap it out. If the problem goes away the mouse is defective.
If the problem remains you need to do some anti-virus and anti-spyware scans. Post back for advice on which ones to do.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:26 PM

I have found that using an optical mouse on a light colored surface can make it do strange things.

Rimmer's right about making sure the optical scanner is clean.

#6 thorn_within

thorn_within
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:14 AM

thankis people done the antivirus and spyware thing i even booted it up so jus the basic drivers and software was on it but no difference will write bck if cleaning or changing surface has an effect

thorn_within

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users