Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Must we lump bright pixels?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:40 AM

I plan to buy a 28" widescreen soon but while surfing around the monitor sites I saw something about "A failure rate of one or two bright pixels being the accepted industry norm"
Does that mean if we buy a monitor and are unlucky enough to find its got one or two annoying bright pixels, we can't get our money back?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

Yes, if you want to be sure of a repair or replacement in warranty for pixel faults, you need to establish the pixel policy of the manufacturer. It can also vary between models and screen sizes. Certain models may have a zero pixel policy, other models from the same manufacturer might not. It could also vary from country to country, with consumer legislation.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:18 AM

Thanx, i'll look into this further by asking around monitor manufacturers and shops and the consumer laws; it seems to me that even one bright pixel spells "faulty" and we're therefore entitled to refund/replacement (at least in Britain) under the 'Faulty Goods Act' of parliament.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users