Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help me analyze my hijackthis log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 wubbzy

wubbzy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

**EDIT**: It's fixed! I restored my system to a previous date, and it got rid of whatever wasn't there before. Problem solved. =]
**END EDIT**

EDIT: I think I know what's actually wrong now. I have a malware, namely "Spyware Protect 2009". Of course, I think anyone more knowledgeable than me has already figured this out, but I just wanted to point this out (for my own benefit). And now I will be patient and wait for someone helpful to come by. yay. =]
END EDIT.

So Windows Security started telling me that a virus (possible a trojan) was trying to attack my system. I couldn't go anywhere on Internet Explorer - it just wouldn't let me (not even Google.com).

After much struggling, I downloaded Mozilla Firefox 3, and am now using it.

I then downloaded and ran Spybot: Search and Destroy, fixed all the problems.

Windows Security calmed down a bit but kept giving me this alert from my toolbar:
"Windows reports that computer is infected. Antivirus software helps to protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. Click here for the scan you computer. Your system might be at risk now." (it would pop up, go away if i igonored it, then pop up again)

Spyware Protect 2009 also kept trying to tell me that I had 34 threats. I went to Control Panel -> Security Center, and turned my Virus Protection status to "NOT MONITORED".

My good friend helping me through all of this (he advised me to download all of the above) then told me to end some processes. I did that.

During all of this, I also downloaded and ran Hijackthis (after I ran Spybot) and am now here.

Windows Security has stopped giving me messages - okay no it just alerted me that I have no firewall, but I'm not quite sure if all viruses/problems are completely gone from my computer. I have attached my HJT log and am now hoping for the best. =]

PS. Sorry this was so long and drawn out, but I just wanted to include everything that happened because I'm computer retarted and have no idea what is important and what is not. All of the above occured within 2 days.

PSS. Please let me know if I need a more recent HJT log.

THANKYOUSOMUCH!!

Attached Files

Edited by wubbzy, 09 March 2009 - 10:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

If you're sure it's fixed, thanks for informing us.

Otherwise PM me and I'll reopen this thread.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users