Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Pro Startup Items

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jpmartinson

jpmartinson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of items in my windows startup items that I can't identify or get rid of. Google search produced no results, same with MSN. Here are the items:

ITEM COMMAND
azevanuzafavina rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\azevanuzafavina.dll",e

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

And

ITEM COMMAND
Kjitocohuvilita rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\Kjitocohuvilita.dat",e

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Does anyone know what these are for?

Also, my system seems to be sluggish and IE acts like I have a slow connection, but a speed check shows it's fine. Whwn I first log on and open IE' it takes a long time to load and I sometimes have to close and reopen IE a couple times before it finally loads. After that, it works O.K. but seems slow for DSL. This is what got me checking startup items etc. Have run AVG virus scan, SpyBot Search and Destoy and Registry Defense scan and repaired all problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

A google search shows nothing at all for the words, Kjitocohuvilita and azevanuzafavina so I would say they are not legit programs. They could be leftovers from whatever Spybot and such removed but I would run Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and then post over in the "Am I Infected" section of this forum

#3 jpmartinson

jpmartinson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for the info. I also found ATI2XXX.exe in my processes, which appears to be a variant of the WIN32\RBOT worm, so have to figure out how to get rid of that too.

Thanks again.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:54 AM

You are welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users