Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 instants of O16 - DPF Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11 and other troubles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Six String Lee

Six String Lee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

My system is an older 900 MHz w/512 in RAM. I use Zone Alarm Security Suite, Avast 4.8 Anti-Virus, plus other Utility programs.

I have had trouble recently with getting virus after virus. It always seems to point to that Java crap.

One incident that I discovered using Spybot S&D's Start Up List found that jusched.exe program that I found out about recently, saying that it was a resource hog. If you know S&D, then you know that there is a side bar that gives you more details about the item you have selected. Well it had some deeply concerning information, saying something along the lines of......(Provided by blank blank WORM). What shocks me is that it was downloaded directly from Sun Java's website three times. Each time it had different WORM's listed, and more than one listed at a time. I haven't deleted the program, but I have removed it from the start up.

As for the title topic, I found this:

O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11) -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11) -

O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - D:\Programs\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - D:\Programs\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

and this is also an existing activeX as displayed by S&D:

{CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0)
DPF name: Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0
CLSID name: Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11
Installer:
Codebase: http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-...indows-i586.cab
Path: D:\Programs\Java\jre6\bin\
Long name: npjpi160_11.dll
Short name: NPJPI1~1.DLL
Date (created): 1/23/2009 2:53:58 AM
Date (last access): 2/28/2009
Date (last write): 1/23/2009 2:53:58 AM
Filesize: 132504
Attributes: archive
MD5: D400116F6776ACB6EDB6B1F5EEB9F92D
CRC32: CECB5751
Version: 6.0.110.3

A friend of mine suggested I get rid of Java, Internet Exposer 7, and use Firefox, but there are a few websites I use that require it, and Firefox is lacking a few, but very important options than IE 7. IE 6 was even better.

I also have other DPF's or ActiveX's, I don't exactly know if there is a difference, but when I check the dependencies via properties, there is a blank or a *, nothing else, and says "damaged". The programs related to them seem to work fine. The Java ones are just blank with no damages listed.

My questions are......

Why is there 2 (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_11) and a (Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0) listed?

Do I need them?

Why do the others show damaged in the Dependences, yet they seem to work fine?

Should I delete or do something else about jusched.exe?

Having an older, slower PC; Is there any low resource hogging security, and/or repair programs?

Should I take a sledge hammer to my PC and sell my organs to get a MAC?

Also.......

Is this thing that just appeared recently OK?:

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

I only have a general knowledge as to what this is.

I am fully aware that Microsoft has made Windows so complex in an attempt to become as secure as MAC that even the most savvy PC experts have trouble knowing what is doing what and why these days. I just want to keep it stable, secure, fast, and simple. I have a few disabilities that severely limit my patience when searching for answers. I actually need to ask my question rather than search and try to find the answer the long way. So I hope someone can relate and help me out a little!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

First of all...you need to deal with your suspected/actual malware issues.

Although it's possible that your choice of AV program is somehow deficient in protecting the system...that seems implausible to me. IMO, these issues arise because the system is not properly protected or the user is not implementing security considerations in the approach used for the system. That needs to be fixed, if you want to avoid, even the slightest suspicion about system security.

IMO...blaming Java for malware problems...is about as pointless as blaming Windows for security problems when the user doesn't bother to even install the latest critical updates. These updates come about (in many cases, if not all) because it has been brought to the attention of Microsoft that someone has found a new way to attack systems with Windows installed.

Same thing happens for Java, which is why it's important to have the latest version installed on a system desiring not to have an unnecessary security weakness.

Re the Java situation, I would suggest that you...first, use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall Java.

After that, go to the following website and download/install the latest version of Java: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

FWIW:

Antivirus, Antimalware, And Antispyware Resources - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405/antivirus-antimalware-and-antispyware-resources/

BleepingComputer.com - Free Online Malware Scan(s) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252

How to Thwart Malware and Surf the Internet Safely - wikiHow - http://www.wikihow.com/Thwart-Malware-and-...Internet-Safely

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users