Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VirusRemoval 2009

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dkayeb

dkayeb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

Have to type fast and short...it keeps knocking me off.....VirusRemoval2009 ....also pops up as a very authentic looking Windows Security Center warning....sometimes says "mycomputer online scanning" I ran a smithfraud fix that usually works for me when this happens....also ran mcafee twice and that said there were no problems (!?!) downloaded Malware....ran it twice...found 485 infected files the first time...deleted all of them...two more hte second time...deleted them too...also get a message about a trojan that mcafee cant quarantine......pop ups are less frequent but still not gone....they also come up with other names I just can't remember them because I try to X out as quickly as possible......what else can I do??????? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:05 PM

Second entry on this page.
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

#3 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

Or for a more detailed explanation...here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...irusremover2009

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#4 marj

marj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

hi, I am new here also and virusremover2009 brought me here. Need help to remove this. I can't find it under program files or from add/remove under the control panel. It is hiding somewhere. I am currently switching to firefox from IE. With IE, the virusremover windows are popping up every time I click. It is not affecting firefox but I do want to get rid of it from my PC.

Please help me to find this. Thanks a lot! Marj

#5 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

I'm an idiot and forgot some protocol.

If you have a problem, please start a topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

In that post, please give as much information as possible so that the person that's helping you can give you proper help.

Here's some simple guidelines as to what to put in: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41987/before-you-post-about-a-problem/

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#6 marj

marj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

:thumbsup: I downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it cleaned up my PC. Thanks a lot for all you help! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users