Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Probs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andy_carver

andy_carver

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:34 AM

HI im on Xp home tiny pc 2.8 Cell D 412 DDR Nvidea 128 blah blah

quite recently ive been experiencing USB probs, i need usb i have an i river a digi camera and a phone, not to mention the controllers and what not.

For some strange reason the controllers work, connected via generic 4 hub, to Mother board, and my multi card reader and usb on front (floppy bay) which connects to mother board does not, well the included mic and line out do but everything either takes ages (and im talking 5 mins or so) to appear (EVEN THOUGH I HEAR THE "USB SOUND" ALMOST INSTANTLY) (the auto play appears for ages) or it never does.ive been to the via website tried all the files, although i'm not to sure if its a via product. basically i need more advice on how to sort this out. frustration has caused me to leave this short.

please reply direct if possible cheers

andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MOD EDIT: E-mail address was removed for your safety.

Edited by tg1911, 08 June 2005 - 02:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jsblack

jsblack

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:28 PM

hmmmm
I have had problems with front panel USB ports too, and i solved the problem by pulling the cables off the mobo that connect to the USB front ports, cleaning them and putting them back on.

Question: when you plug a USB device into the back ports are they instantly recognized?
also, do all of your devices work on the back panel but just not the front?

#3 andy_carver

andy_carver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:39 PM

thanks for reply, usb is ok now. not worried about fire wire connection. (that is disconnected from card as it has been removed to make way for sound card) yes front and back work fine, just my card reader takes ages, card reader light, flashes straight away, but windows takes about 5 minuites to start the card (including autoplay) its weird, it seems to be working now... not fast, but atleast it working, the annoying thing is (I HAVENT CHANGED ANYTHING!!!) bleeping computer. i reccomend going to the via website and grabbing some generic drivers just google whack "via arena" hope you get you pc (piece of bleep) sorted too

cheers again

#4 andy_carver

andy_carver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:07 AM

completed a complete install, card raeder still faulty. no longer own pc

THREAD CLOSED

0 user(s) are reading this topic