Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Jerky on WinXP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ElectronicVomit

ElectronicVomit

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

All of a sudden my PC has been unable to play any type of videos. It doesn't matter what format or what medium I'm viewing them on, they are constantly jerky. The mouse also appears to become jerky while the video is playing too, it's as if the whole PC becomes slowed up and starts stuttering. Flash videos from the likes of youtube also display exactly the same problem.

I've tried updatng my ATI Sapphire Radeon X300SE graphics card drivers, rolling them back to previous ones, reverting to an earlier system checkpoint and done virus scans with AVG. I've even cleaned any dust from the Main CPU and Video Card CPU incase it was an overheating issue. NOTHING I've tried has fixed the problem.

In task manager the cpu usage spikes up to 100% when videos are played.

I'd be really grateful if anyone has any suggestions for me to try as I'm getting really stressed out and am not sure what else to do! If you require any further details about my PC i'll get them posted up right away.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by ElectronicVomit, 08 March 2009 - 04:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

Have you checked for malware? The mouse jumping around could be caused by an infection and would affect the other problem.

#3 ElectronicVomit

ElectronicVomit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

Yeah I've done a scan with AVG but it found nothing. :thumbsup:

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

You should run more than that. Have a look at John's list at this link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...252#comment1017

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users