Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Light Scribe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DaveyCS

DaveyCS

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

Sirs: I purchased this, for the above computer. Was it a mistake or are they better? Model MRX-53OL. It has a extra three wire line! Where does it go? Plug in on Light Scribe and MB. Also a new ribbon cable for light scribe to MB. I know that isn't correct name for it !!!!
I would appreciate Help Thank you.... :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

Edited by dcsbass, 08 March 2009 - 11:34 AM.

"Thank You Very Much".........

Davey Crockett Sr

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

I don't really understand some of the cables you are referring to. The ribbon cable is probably the IDE (also referred to as ATA or PATA) cable. This should be the cable to go from your new drive to the motherboard.

I don't know what the three wire line is, but all you should need is the IDE, ribbon cable from the drive to the motherboard (if your motherboard has IDE connections), and the 4-pin power connection from the power supply to the drive. The lightscribe feature doesn't require anymore cables.

To help us better understand what you are describing, can you take a picture of the back of the dvd drive so we can see the connections? Also, take a picture of the cables you are talking about.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

The 3 wire connector is just for older (very old) systems that required a seperate audio input, Ignore it as it really isn't needed.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 DaveyCS

DaveyCS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

It is a ribbon cable. I left it in computer. I will take Pics later tonight OK? Is the light scribe an up grade, for this computer?
:flowers: :trumpet: :thumbsup: :inlove:

Thank You

Edited by dcsbass, 08 March 2009 - 03:29 PM.

"Thank You Very Much".........

Davey Crockett Sr

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

I believe the three wire cable is for the analog input on the sound card. Not deathly important, not many people need it anymore.

Posted Image

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,137 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:15 PM

Lightscribe is a Technology that lets you "scribe" or write images on the face of the DVD/CD rom. Note this is not the side that gets the information burned on to it but the label side. If the computer didn't come with a LightScribe DVD rom then yes its an upgrade.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users