Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphic Card 8800GT, 1GB, Temperature

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

I have the Bliss 8800GT PCX, 1024MB grphic card. When I'm idle the temperature is about 46 degrees, and when I am playing it goes up to 70 degrees. , which is too hot.

I need help changing the EXPERTool values.
Example: when the temperature of the graphic card is 50 degrees, the fan speed goes up to 60%

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

Edited by Delta16, 08 March 2009 - 07:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

I'd say your temperatures are fine. Those are probably average. My ATI 3870 card (I think ATI cards generally run hotter than Nvidia) usually gets up to about 77-78C under load, and idles at 48-50C. Unless you are having issues, and have tried other thing's, I wouldn't worry about it.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:14 AM

that is a hair on the hot side, but not quite in the danger zone I dont believe. I would download rivatuner, and use that to manually up the fan speeds, it should help run it cooler. and to sterling, same with your card, its running in the upper limits-I like my cards running much cooler. Im running a 3870 x2 in my system, and at stock speeds it runs at the same temps as yours, however using riva tuner to up the fan to 55% I can get it to idle at 42 C and around 55-60C under load in most cases. heat is a computers worst enemy, the cooler you can get your components to run the longer they will last, and on top of that if your card is running that hot, its going to be heating up the rest of your system as well and make it work harder to keep the other components cool. I realize many video cards have a fan that blows the hot air out the back, but it doesn't get it all. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 Delta16

Delta16
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

that is a hair on the hot side, but not quite in the danger zone I dont believe. I would download rivatuner, and use that to manually up the fan speeds, it should help run it cooler. and to sterling, same with your card, its running in the upper limits-I like my cards running much cooler. Im running a 3870 x2 in my system, and at stock speeds it runs at the same temps as yours, however using riva tuner to up the fan to 55% I can get it to idle at 42 C and around 55-60C under load in most cases. heat is a computers worst enemy, the cooler you can get your components to run the longer they will last, and on top of that if your card is running that hot, its going to be heating up the rest of your system as well and make it work harder to keep the other components cool. I realize many video cards have a fan that blows the hot air out the back, but it doesn't get it all. :D

Thanks for your opinion, you too sterling14.

Now I'm using XPERTool that comes with the graphic card. I am increasing its fan speed when I am going to play and the temperature will be 50-55 with 70% of the fan speed.

Edited by Delta16, 09 March 2009 - 12:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users