Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google/Yahoo searches redirected/ Moved

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Asian_Maradona

Asian_Maradona

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

Hey, when i use google and Yahoo, the searches come up fine. But when i click on one of the results, I am taken to some random websites that have nothing to do with my search. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:18 AM

Hello Asian_Maradona and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS unless a log is specifically requested.

In order to assist you, we need more information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What browser are you using when the redirections occur?

What kinds of randoms sites are you redirected to? Please do not post live links.

What security programs do you have installed?

Are you experiencing other issues with your computer such as pop-ups? Please be as specific as you can.

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Asian_Maradona

Asian_Maradona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:45 AM

I use Windows XP, and the redirections occur on both Internet Explorer, and also Mozilla Firefox.
The sites i am redirected to are not ever shown. It only shows the change on the search bar. For example, if i am trying to go onto a soccer website, the site name will change at the top of the screen to something else, but nothing appears on the screen. One specific site that always occurs is traveluntilyoung.com or something like that.
I have Spybot Search and Destroy installed, as well as AVG antivirus.
As for popups, they occur frequently when i try to use the internet, but my computer runs normal when i do not open IE or firefox

I also have Malwarebytes, and have run all of the programs listed above as well

Thanks

Edited by Asian_Maradona, 08 March 2009 - 01:04 AM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

Hello would you please run..
Please download GooredFix and save it to your Desktop. Double-click Goored.exe to run it. Select 1. Find Goored (no fix) by typing 1 and pressing Enter. A log will open, please post the contents of that log in your next reply (it can also be found on your desktop, called Goored.txt). Note: Do not run Option #2 yet.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users