Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Airlink101 64bit card problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

I've had this network card for a while, and I recently upgraded to 64 bit Windows 7 (Runs real solid, even for being in beta still). Everything works fine except the wireless network card, the drivers won't install (Windows whines about the drivers not being digitally signed, and how it absolutely will not work, because it's a "security risk"). So, is there any way to get the card to work, even though the drivers aren't signed and it's a 64 bit OS, or do I have to buy a new card?

Windows 7 Ultimate build 7048
Airlink101 AWLH4130

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

Try installing the drivers in compatibility mode. Find the setup.exe file and right click on it. Go to the compatibility tab and Select windows Vista, also select run as administrator.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 cody4k

cody4k

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

In case your still trying to get your Airlink AWLH4130 wireless card to work in Windows 7, I found that it works with the D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.:thumbsup: driver.

I installed it by clicking update driver in device manager, then clicked Browse Computer for driver software, then clicked Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, unchecked the Show compatible hardware checkbox, scroll down to Athreos Communications Inc. the driver "D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.:flowers:" should be about halfway down the list. It is working for my Airlink AWLH4130 on Windows 7 64bit beta.

Edited by cody4k, 29 March 2009 - 02:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users