Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting up this network.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MaMister

MaMister

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

I have 2 pc that connect to a router, switch and a network printer. Both can surf the internet.

There is another pc standalone without any connection ... for some reasons :thumbsup:

I bought a colour laser for that printer and it is connected and working well.

Now I am wondering is it possible for me to connect to that printer by adding another nic on my internet pc?

I just want to use that printer but not allowing that pc to connect to the router....

Please advice.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hi,

Are you wanting to access the Printer via the network or just the individual PC?

If you can connect the printer via Ethernet cable can you not just plug it into the router/switch?

But to answer your question you wouldn't be able to block a PC from the network but still use the printer on the network if it's connected to/through the blocked PC (to my knowledge).
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users