Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adminstrater account

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PatriciaJames

PatriciaJames

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

I installed Norton 360 Version 2.0 then when I tried to access the administraters account I get the following message: Group Policy Client Service failed the logon. Access is denied.
When I am in a differant account trying to do something and it needs the admins password when i enter it it will accept it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ewrlopa

ewrlopa

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

Has the admin login been successful before norton?

#3 PatriciaJames

PatriciaJames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

I installed Norton 360 Version 2.0 then when I tried to access the administraters account I get the following message: Group Policy Client Service failed the logon. Access is denied.
When I am in a differant account trying to do something and it needs the admins password when i enter it it will accept it.

yes was able to access admin account before norton

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

uninstall norton and see what happens.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 Michael York

Michael York

Authorized Symantec Representative

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

Hi PatriciaJames,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

There is the possibility that your user account has become corrupted. Also, the UAC component in Windows Vista may also contribute to the problem you are having.

The first thing I would suggest that you try is to disable the UAC component for your account, then manually run LiveUpdate from within the Norton 360 2.0 interface, and then perform a "Comprehensive Scan" with Norton 360 to check for threats that may also contribute to this problem.

Please try this process and let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks,
Mike
Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

#6 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

Mike - No offense, but I have never liked Norton, and it doesn't surprise me that this has happened... I know there are viruses that attack Norton in specifically... Most of the time those are not able to be picked up by Norton... Though I hope that has changed since I last tried Norton...

Patricia - I would suggest using AVG, or Avast anti-virus... and do a boot scan... Also I would suggest making sure Windows Defender is running fine... Though Mike's suggestion is a good one as well...

Edited by burn1337, 09 March 2009 - 08:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users