Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internal sd card reader

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sloboat

sloboat

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

hi, i'm having a problem with my built-in card reader. it's a laptop, asus model a4l w/ winxp pro, sp3. the problem started a few weeks ago, after reading one camera card it refuses to recognize another one unless i shut down & reboot, then it will only read one card again then requires another reboot e.t.c. the device manager tells me there's no better driver to update to. i tried uninstalling sp3 & went back to sp2, but no difference. can anyone please help? thanks. sloboat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

The drivers may be damaged...try uninstalling the ones currently installed...then reinstall (the drivers).

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 07 March 2009 - 08:43 PM.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:26 AM

are you removing the card properly? (I.E clicking the safely remove media button) the reason I ask this is on the media card on my desktop (its custom so its not factory) when I click safely remove media, it disconnects the entire media card reader, and I have to reboot to get it to work. now i simply give it about 20 seconds after doing my last activity on the card (saving, copying, editing, etc) and simply pull the card out. prolly not the best idea but it works for me. You might give this a try, put in a SD card, (make sure that whatever u have on it is either backed up or is a useless file you dont care about) wait till the computer reads it, access it, then give it a few seconds and simply pull it out to see what it does, if it works after that the computer is disabling the device like mine does, if not we can go from there. :D

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 sloboat

sloboat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:08 AM

thanks guys, i reinstalled drivers & tried patriot's method of removing card. it still refuses to read more than one card. very annoying. sloboat

#5 sloboat

sloboat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

thanks guys, i reinstalled drivers & tried patriot's method of removing card. it still refuses to read more than one card. very annoying. sloboat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users