Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new PC after 5 years :)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 liquidmonkey

liquidmonkey

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

am looking at getting a new rig as my current PC recently turned 5 which is = 50 in computer years :huh:

anywho, this is what i'm thinking...

Asus P6T Motherboard
Intel Core i7 (quad core) 2.66GHz 45nm
Nvidia GeForce GTX 295
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 PC10600 1333MHz 2GB x 3 = 6gig
Corsair TX650W Power Supply
Antec Nine Hundred Case
already have HDD's, keyboard, mice, monitors and dvd burner.

and here are some questions....

- the corei7 are very costly at the moment and so are the mobo's that go along with them. will there be a price drop in the summer in your opinion?

- or should i get another quadcore chip / mobo to keep things cheaper?

- the antec 900 looks good but i've heard the 1200 is heaps better but in what way?

- can the gtx295 run 3 monitors as it has the extra HDMI slot which is awesome for watching HD stuff :huh:

- will the power supply be enough? i have zero clue in that department :thumbsup:

thanks in advance B)
win7 Ultimate 64bit
2 x 24" LG Monitors
Intel Core i7 920 with Xigmatek HDT-S1283
ASUS P6T WS PRO
12gigs of OCZ Gold XTC Triple Channel 6x2gig DDR3 1333MHz PC10600
XFX Nvidia GTX 260 core 216
Corsair TX750W
Cooler Master 690
HDD Total = F I V E TB!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

There may be a price drop in the future when the mid-range i7's are released, whenever that is. Since it is so new, you're going to be paying much more for an i7 than any other chip. It's the "newness" factor I suppose. As for the case, go for a full ATX tower, graphics cards are huge and a mid ATX tower may not have enough depth to accommodate them. The Antec 1200 is a full ATX case, unlike the 900. For the power supply, you chose an excellent brand but the wattage is not enough for a GTX 295, it requires at least a 680W unit. If you decide to SLI two GTX 295's, you'll need a very powerful unit. Thankfully, Corsair makes power supplies with higher wattages.

Suggested cases: I prefer aluminum cases, they seem to be better made are are more lightweight than full steel cases.

NZXT Zero Black/Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case
GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 GZ-FA1CA-ASS Silver 1.0 mm Aluminum body ATX Full Tower Computer Case
COOLER MASTER COSMOS S RC-1100-KKN1-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Of the three choices, I would go for the Cosmos. I think it looks better, in my opinion.

Edited by DJBPace07, 07 March 2009 - 07:50 PM.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users