Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP Service Pack 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:56 AM

when i open (try to) folders and drives the sear for opens up. when i right click the menu goes like this...

Search...
Open
Ecplore etc.

How do i remove the Search...?

Driving Me Mad.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:19 AM

I did a web search and found this...

Windows Explorer Opens Search Companion Rather than the Folder
If the Windows Explorer opens up the Search Companion rather than opening up the actual folder, the default setting for opening a folder is changed.

To correct this:

Start Regedit
Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Directory \ shell and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Drive \ shell]
Edit the default value to be explorer or none

Information came from One COmputer Guy...CLick on the link below to go there if you want.

One Computer Guy

Edited by Izzy, 08 June 2005 - 04:22 AM.

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:36 AM

Well searched Izzy :thumbsup:
I checked my WinXP SP2 and both my entries are "none". What about you?

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#4 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:51 PM

They were None but had to change to Explore and has now moved the search to number 3 on the list making Open on the top which is very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users