Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Girls or Boys & Bleepingcomputer

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Status (36 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your status?

1. Single (14 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

2. Married (13 votes [36.11%])

Percentage of vote: 36.11%

3. In Relationship (but not married) (9 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

It often happens, that people get to know their girlfriend / boyfriend at their workplace, or at language courses, or joga class. So I was wondering did anyone got to know his partner via BleepingComputer?

You know how it goes: you are helping her to remove the spyware. You exchange many posts ,install many anti-spyware programs, and after a while you discover that you got more in common :thumbsup:

Edited by Animal, 10 March 2009 - 07:45 PM.

Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:21 AM

Heh, no, not really. There are a lot of women on this forum, which is a first. I haven't seen alot of girls or women on any other forums.

But; I met my current girlfriend in my financial classes.. Which is also.. ehh.. Weird.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#3 hellknight

hellknight

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:20 PM

I don't know about BC, but it does happen at other forums - I'm a member of a large Lord of the Rings forum, and there are at least 3 or 4 couples, at least 2 of which are actually married, who first got to know each other on that forum

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

I will say I find it amusing when a new member posts a question and their avatar and/or screen name suggest that they are female. They get all sorts of answers from members who generally do not participate all that much :thumbsup:

Edited by garmanma, 09 March 2009 - 08:25 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

I will say I find it amusing when a new member posts a question and their avatar and/or screen name suggest that they are female. They get all sorts of answers from members who generally do not participate all that much :thumbsup:

That actually happens? Wow. I thought I was nutty when I thought of that. :flowers:

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Of course, I made that same mistake, but in reverse. I thought a user on here was a guy when she wasn't....:thumbsup:

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#7 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

That's the thing with the internet- you can't really "see" them, so you can't really "tell".

#8 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

I don't know about BC, but it does happen at other forums - I'm a member of a large Lord of the Rings forum, and there are at least 3 or 4 couples, at least 2 of which are actually married, who first got to know each other on that forum

Is it a role play forum? I could actually quite believe that if it was role play...

#9 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

I don't know if it's strange but--

1 out of 8 couples in American in 2007 were met online. Im not sure if that's indicating something, but that's creepy.

#10 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

Not directly surprising. Some people are going to online dating sites these days.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#11 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:46 PM

I don't know if it's strange but--

1 out of 8 couples in American in 2007 were met online. Im not sure if that's indicating something, but that's creepy.

The net has replaced those dating thingys you see in movies, where you have like a minute to talk to someone, then you move seats and speak to the next person etc... IMO...

#12 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:23 PM

Theres been this commercial for Chemistry.com or eHarmony-- they said 23k people sign up daily..

#13 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:43 AM

:thumbsup:

Funny enough there was no "Other" choice?

:flowers:

Edited by Abacus 7, 10 March 2009 - 04:44 AM.

#14 hellknight

hellknight

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

Is it a role play forum? I could actually quite believe that if it was role play...

RolePlaying is an important part of the forum, yes, but so is (Lore/books/movie)discussion, games, etc

#15 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

:thumbsup:

Funny enough there was no "Other" choice?

:flowers:

:trumpet: What 'Other' choice are we speaking about? :inlove: I tho there are just this 3 choices basically.
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users