Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for easy photo manager with pic correction

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:30 PM

I have tried ' adobe photo shop album starter ' and printed out the instructions and read and re-read them and was finding the app not to be have too much detail about how the app worked.
I tried using it over several days and had a folder with pics from my digi cam and did some 'auto edit' and was satisfied. I printed a few pics and they were of decent quality, not that I plan on printing my own pics.
It is simply at times when I want to stick one in the mail and I didn't print an extra copy at the store.

Then I did something horribly wrong somewhere as when I went to e-mail 3 pics, I always check my Link attachments and found that I could have sent access to my entire storage card as when I clicked on 'show all'....my entire pics showed up.
I even tried simply sending some to my external pic storage unit and I still had the same issue when I tried to use them as attachments.

Then my second problem started up...I save some documents as jpg. and Adobe Startup Manager was opening these up when I clicked on the folder. I am indeed in the novice category when it comes to this and I really just want a program that I can take my pics off my camera, correct poor quality, print, and store pics on my external storage device.
I won't be using the program frequently and so I don't want a complicated app that I will have to read about each time that I use it.
I don't know what I did with Adobe Photo Shop Album Starter, however I got myself into a mess and could not understand the import and delete from collection etc. which I think caused some of the problem. But as well I did not want to send the attached pics and have that Adobe Startup Manager open up each time the 'receiving party' opened up a pic.

Is there a more user friendly program or is it there somewhere that I can get a better understanding of Adobe. I tried the Adobe Forum when I did my google search, however it was not that useful for a real novice in this area ....which I indeed am.

I hope there is a member that can give me some suggestions.
Thank you for your time.
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

Well, there are several programs you can use.

I'd recommend either GIMP *similar to Photoshop Elements*
or Irfanview, which is a very friendly interface photo editor,

or finally, Picasa 3 from Google, which has some minor editing tools (Cropping, Filtering, etc.)
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#3 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

I would recomend Irfanview

#4 Allen.H

Allen.H

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:15 PM

Irfanview is my choice as well, unless you want to enter the realms of Adobe Lightroom which you may find a bit expensive

#5 BarryMilton

BarryMilton

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

I used Iview for quite a while, and it's a good, very basic, photo editor. And it's free.

Picasa also isn't bad.

Neither of those programs works as a good, easy to use organizer, so I purchased Photoshop Elements 7. Well under $100 on eBay. Lots of free tutorials on the Adobe website. PSE7 is ten times the editor & organizer of any other program I've used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users