Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hangs up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nemco1

nemco1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:52 AM

I have a Dell inspirion 2200 running Windows XP. It was infected with "aniti-virus 1". I removed it using Malewarebytes, however when I tried to reboot after removal the computer hangs at the "loading your personal settings window". It is not frozen - the mouse moves. It will start in the safe mode. I have gone to msconfig & stopped everything from loading, but this has not helped. One more thing, when starting the computer in regular mode, the login window either does not appear or flashes by in a nano-second. Then it goes immediately to the "loading your personal settings window" where it hangs. When starting in the safe mode, it does stop & ask me to login. I then login, it goes to loading settings & works fine in the safe mode. Thanks in advance for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

Try this Link:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...040A68F5A282D86

You should be able to restore to the last good configuration or at the very least use the onboard recovery procedure described. The worst case scenario would be to use the recovery console (that would be my last resort).
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users