Please run MBAM first.Download and run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
For complete or visual instructions on installing and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware please read this linkDownload and Run Scan with GMER
We will use GMER
to scan for rootkits
- Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
- Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
- Click the >>>
- Click on Settings, then check the first five settings:
- System Protection and Tracing
- Save created processes to the log
- Save loaded drivers to the log
- You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
If GMER doesn't work in Normal Mode try running it in Safe ModeImportant!
- After the reboot, run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.[list]
- Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
- Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for Show All.
- Click on the Scan and wait for the scan to finish.
Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan. You will know that the scan is done when the Stop buttons turns back to Scan.
- When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose New>Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
:Please do not select the Show all
checkbox during the scan..
Post back with both logs.