Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojan.vundo.h in my machine

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kaimen

kaimen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:58 AM

Hello,

I suspected a virus since I tried to restore system settings, and discovered it won't allow me to see any restore points. I ran Malwarebytes, and each time get the same 4 infections. When I try to remove them, I'm told they can't be removed, and that they will be removed on reboot. This is the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1823
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

3/6/2009 10:55:11 PM
mbam-log-2009-03-06 (22-55-11).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 4738
Time elapsed: 22 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{f36548d1-a025-458d-b8c2-7a6e0a0d5b4f} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\udwxknpl (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{f36548d1-a025-458d-b8c2-7a6e0a0d5b4f} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\WINDOWS\system32\anlwcip.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.

Please help! It's not seeming to affect machine speed, but I don't really know what it's doing. Thanks so much for any assistance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:35 PM

Hello.

Run SAS and if it doesn't get removed we will remove it using a batch file next round. :thumbsup:

Download and Run SUPERAntiSpyware
We will run a scan with SuperAntiSpyware.
  • Download SUPERAntiSpyware to your desktop.
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation. Delete the installer after use.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".
    If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.
  • Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software, click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive (or whatever drive your system is installed on).
  • On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click OK.
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click Next.
  • A notification will appear saying that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click OK and then click the Finish button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click Yes.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.
With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 kaimen

kaimen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

I ran the SAS twice and it didn't detect anything, but the Malwarebytes still does...

Kaimen

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

Hello.

Is it those same 3 registry keys and that 1 file that cannot be moved? I just want to make sure.

Please reply back letting me know. In the meantime once i get back I will write a script..

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

Hello.

I just realized that I don't need to write the script I was because there was another tool used this forum where I think it's allowed since it was used before. Please do the following.

Backup Registry with ERUNT

This tool will create a complete backup of your registry. A backup is created to ensure we have backup so encase anything goes wrong we can deal with it. Do not delete these backups until we are finished.
  • Please download erunt-setup.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click erunt-setup.exe. Follow the prompts and allow ERUNT to be installed with the settings at default. If you do not want a Desktop icon, feel free to uncheck that. When asked if you want to create an ERUNT entry in the startup folder, answer Yes. You can delete the installation file after use.
  • Erunt will open when the installation is finished. Check all items to be backed up in the default location and click OK.
You can find a complete guide to using the program here:
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/erunt.txt

How to Restore from the ERUNT Backup

Only restore from the backups if instructed to, or you need to do so. You need it if after doing something, your computer will only boot in Safe Mode and you are unable to contact us (or anyone else) for help by other means, or if your computer will not boot into Windows at all.

To restore if you can boot, navigate to C:\WINDOWS\erdnt, choose the folder with the most recent date, and double click ERDNT.EXE. Check all boxes in the restoration options.

To restore from the Recovery Console using the Windows CD:
  • Turn on your machine with the disk in the drive.
  • Type in the number of the Windows installation you want to repair (usually 1), then press Enter.
  • Type in the Administrator password (leave blank if you are unsure what it is or if you do not have one) and press Enter.
  • Type without quotes "cd erdnt" followed by Enter.
  • Type without quotes "dir" followed by Enter. This will list out the available folders, whose names are the date on which the backup was taken in (M)M-DD-YYYY format. Try the most recent dates first.
  • Type without quotes "cd **name of the folder**" followed by Enter.
  • Type without quotes "batch erdnt.con" followed by Enter.
  • Type without quotes "exit" followed by Enter.
  • Remove your CD from the drive and reboot your computer into the restored registry. If you still cannot boot, try again with an earlier restore date.

Please download OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.

How to Boot into Safe Mode

I suggest you read over the instructions on how to boot into Safe Mode and then print these instructions out or save them in Notepad because you won't have access to this page while in Safe Mode.

Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.
  • Use your arrow keys to navigate and highlight Safe Mode.
  • Hit Enter.
  • You will now be asked to choose your operating system. Again, use the arrow keys to select Microsoft Windows XP.
  • Hit Enter.
Your computer will proceed to booting into Safe Mode. During the boot process, you may see random code go past your screen. Simply wait for it to pass. Your computer should boot like usually, except with Safe Mode written in the corners of your screen. Your screen may also appear to be a different size because the video drivers are not loaded properly in Safe Mode.

After the boot, you will be asked whether you wish to use system restore, or to continue to Safe Mode. Select OK to choose Safe mode.

Additional instructions on booting into Safe Mode can be found here

Download and Run OTMoveIT3
  • Double click the Posted Image icon on your desktop. If you are running on Vista, right click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
  • Paste the following code under the Posted Image area. Do not include the word "Code".
    :files
    c:\WINDOWS\system32\anlwcip.dll 
    :reg
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{f36548d1-a025-458d-b8c2-7a6e0a0d5b4f}]
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\udwxknpl]
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{f36548d1-a025-458d-b8c2-7a6e0a0d5b4f}]
    :commands
    [Reboot]
  • Click the large Posted Image button.
  • Copy/Paste the contents under the Posted Image line here in your next reply.
Note:If you are unable to copy/paste from this window (as will be the case if the machine was rebooted), open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.

Post back with the:
-OTMoveIT log
-Does MBAM still detect those entries?

With Regards,
Extremeboy

#6 kaimen

kaimen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:50 AM

Hello there,

Here's the OTMoveIt log:

========== FILES ==========
LoadLibrary failed for c:\WINDOWS\system32\anlwcip.dll
c:\WINDOWS\system32\anlwcip.dll NOT unregistered.
File move failed. c:\WINDOWS\system32\anlwcip.dll scheduled to be moved on reboot.
File/Folder :reg not found.
File/Folder [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{f36548d1-a025-458d-b8c2-7a6e0a0d5b4f}] not found.
File/Folder [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\udwxknpl] not found.
File/Folder [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{f36548d1-a025-458d-b8c2-7a6e0a0d5b4f}] not found.
File/Folder :commands not found.
File/Folder [Reboot] not found.

OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.8.0 log created on 03122009_033651

Files moved on Reboot...
LoadLibrary failed for c:\WINDOWS\system32\anlwcip.dll
c:\WINDOWS\system32\anlwcip.dll NOT unregistered.
File move failed. c:\WINDOWS\system32\anlwcip.dll scheduled to be moved on reboot.

and MBAM still detects the same entries.

Kaimen

#7 kaimen

kaimen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Is There anyone else who can help me? My machine is getting slower and slower to reboot, and my hotmail account is flooded with spam. What is this Trundo doing to my machine?

Thanks for any help.

kaimen

#8 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

Hello.

There was an error in the OTMoveIT script.. Anyways, I think we should start a topic in the malware removal forum if you wish to continue. I think there's more than just those vundo infections that's causing trouble.

Those can be removed, but not sure if that will clear up all the problems you may have still.

1st Step: Preparation Guide Before Starting a Topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
2nd Step: Starting a Topic in the HJT-Malware Removal forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
3rd Step: What to do when you have no reply for 5 days: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176012/post-in-this-thread-when-you-havent-received-an-answer-in-five-days/

Good Luck!

With Regards,
Extremeboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users