Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothing will open after updates...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 1Hz

1Hz

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:45 PM

So recently I've been plagued by computer troubles and just recovered days ago.

Today on my free time I decided to update all of my firewall/antivirus/spyware/windows applications to be on the safe side. I'm not quite sure which (as I updated them within minutes of each other), but when I updated my Comodo firewall and ATI Catalyst (or attempted to) driver, on restart nothing would open or load (other than a few programs). I've checked Comodo and set everything to allow, and even closed my firewall, but no success.

For example:

My start-up progs fail to load, such as teatimer, Avast!, and MSN. Pretty much every application other than Windows applications and services (such as Control Panel, Paint, My Computer working) doesn't work. I click them, get the loading circle cursor for a second, then nothing. Firefox, IE, MSN, trying to manually open Avast! etc., any other program fails.

I see nothing strange in the task manager, and no new unfamiliar processes are running (I can't open process explorer too, by the way). chkdsk shows nothing odd this time.

Under the event viewer, I find logs like this:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
SASDIFSV
SASKUTIL

The avast! Antivirus service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the avast! Antivirus service to connect.

^and replace Avast! with all other start-up progs.
I've tried a system restore on different restore points but they have all failed.

Any help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1Hz

1Hz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:08 AM

This is driving me nuts, my computer can't do anything at ALL.

(FYI, I typed these two posts by starting up Safe Mode + Networking, only way I can open programs or get online)

I have a hunch it has to do with Catalyst and driver errors, but I'm not sure, nor do I have any plan of action right now, so any help will be appreciated, whether it be by Catalyst or not.

#3 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

I Googled SASDISF and SASKUTIL,it seems both are connected to superantispyware.Has you have been having problems for a while try doing a boot time scan with Avast in safe mode and see what comes up.

#4 1Hz

1Hz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:51 AM

Sorry for the lack of response, but virus/spyware scans show nothing, I think it's an upgrade error, all was fine until after I updated Comodo and/or Catalyst driver (disabled Comodo, still not working).

And yeah, right now I'm typing this in Safe Mode again, :huh:

This looks like a biggie...might just reformat. But until then, any tips?

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:15 AM

Uninstall Comodo, then test.
Uninstall the Catalyst drivers/software, then test.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users