Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

re microstaff WINASPI

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 artychoke

artychoke

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

Hi there.. i have searched to see if any one knows about Microstaff WINASPI , it has turned up on my computer and i dont know where it come from..Hope some one can advise me...Thanks..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

Wikipedia had this.

ASPI was developed by Adaptec in the early 1990s. It was originally designed to support SCSI drives. Support for ATAPI interface (such as IDE) was later added.

Microsoft licensed the interface for use with Windows 9x series. At the same time Microsoft developed SCSI Pass Through Interface (SPTI), an in-house substitute that worked on the NT platform. Microsoft did not include ASPI in Windows 2000/XP, in favor of its own SPTI. Users may still download ASPI from Adaptec. A number of CD/DVD applications also continue to offer their own implementations of ASPI layer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 artychoke

artychoke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:34 AM

Thanks very much, I appreciate your information.. Being an old fart these things don't mean much to me..But I am weary of virus's and trojans... Thanks once again!!!

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:17 AM

I'm glad that I could help.

As for being an old fart, I'm now fifty seven and am beginning to resemble that remark.

I'm glad that I could help.

As for being an old fart, I'm now fifty seven and am beginning to resemble that remark.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 artychoke

artychoke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

Oh crikey...heheh i can add 12 years to that...hehehe!!..good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users