Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just installed a new ATI Rage II+ card. Need help please!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alkaiser

Alkaiser

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:08 PM

Hi. I've just installed a new ATI Rage II+ DVD 64 Bit PCI video card with S-video and RCA out.

I got it working but I can only watch videos and play games using a screen resolution of
1024 x 768. How can I change it so that it will let me watch DVDs with a screen resolution of 800 x 600?

Also, I have the RCA video out slot connected to my TV's RCA in slot but nothing shows up on my television. How am I supposed to make that slot work?

Here's my systems specs:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 1
Celeron Processor, 2.2 GHz / 248 MB Ram

Edited by Alkaiser, 07 June 2005 - 09:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:28 PM

Resolution:
Why reduce the resolution?
What monitor are you using?
What happens if you change the resolution in the normal way? (right click on a blank area of the desktop and click Properties>Settings then change the resolution)

TV connection:
When you installed the drivers for your new card this will have added extra features to the video settings outlined above (click on Advanced) - there should be a window which allows you to enable secondary displays including TV output.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Alkaiser

Alkaiser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:44 PM

Resolution:
Why reduce the resolution?

800 x 600 looks better. And I don't have to blow up the fonts (which looks kinda funny) just to read them better. It increases the sizes of my desktop icons and makes it easier to read while surfing the web.

What monitor are you using?
It's a Gateway monitor.

What happens if you change the resolution in the normal way? (right click on a blank area of the desktop and click Properties>Settings then change the resolution).

It will change the screen's resolution.

TV connection:
When you installed the drivers for your new card this will have added extra features to the video settings outlined above (click on Advanced) - there should be a window which allows you to enable secondary displays including TV output.

Under the "monitor" tab under monitor type I see Generic Television and Gateway EV730. I don't see an option for secondary displays anywhere.

Edited by Alkaiser, 07 June 2005 - 09:49 PM.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:33 PM

What happens if you change the resolution in the normal way? ...
It will change the screen's resolution.

So the problem you posted about no longer occurs. Fine, next topic ...

Edited by Rimmer, 07 June 2005 - 10:35 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 Alkaiser

Alkaiser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:36 AM

Nevermind about the screen resolution. It's not that big of a deal.

Anyway, I read elsewhere that I need to install "tv viewer" software for my card to work with TVs.
Can you recommend any good tv drivers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users