Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost DSL connection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LK2405

LK2405

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

I keep loosing the DSL connection. I wanted to set up a network since I just got an additional computer, but I began to have the DSL disconnection problems. I have been connected directly to the modem without the router. I have reinstalled the modem from a disk and replaced DSK filters. I have not tried to configure the modem manually and do not know how. the connection will be on for a short time, then the DSL and/or Internet light starts blinking, and it goes out. After that the modem shows only the power and Ethernet lights. Could it be the modem itself? Is there a test that I can run? Please, help.

ISP AT&T Yahoo
Modem Motorola 2210-02-1002
No router
Wired DSL connection
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3
Internet Browser is IE

Edited by LK2405, 06 March 2009 - 08:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:00 AM

Call AT&T and have them check you connection from there end. I use Alltel; I have called them for a problem like yours. They checked the connection and reset my modem from there end. One problem; I got a lady in India. I was very hard to understand what ever kind of English they speak. Go news she fixed the connection and reset the modem all the way from India. P/S if you have old phone wires in you house it can cause problems. I was also loosing my connection and found it to be old (1960 ish) phone lines in my home. I replaced them with the best you can buy. With the new line and the help from the lady in India every thing works just great and faster.

#3 burn1337

burn1337

• Banned
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:11 PM

I would log into the modem itself... in your web browser.. the ip for the modem should be 192.168.10.1 .... If I remember correctly that should be the default modem ip...

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:16 AM

Thinking back. When LK2405 installed the modem disk it should of set it back to O.E. I think. I would still call my provider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users