Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling ComboFix.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gazer

Gazer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

How do I uninstall ComboFix.exe together with the WindowsXP-KB310...BootDisk? Thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

Posted ImageCombofix Warning

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool and you should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.
Further, ComboFix logs are not permitted outside the HijackThis forums and then only when requested by a HJT Team member.

This forum is only for malware removal using some of the most common tools. Just for the sake, I will let you know how to uninstall Combofix and remove Recovery Console.

Uninstall ComboFix

Remove Combofix now that we're done with it.
  • Click on your Start Menu, then Run....
  • Now type combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Notice the space between the "x" and "/".
    Posted Image
  • When shown the disclaimer, Select "2"
Regarding removing Recovery Console, why would you want to remove it? It's a It is a lifeline, if your computer will not boot and only takes 8mb of space. Removing it is also very dangerous if you do not follow the steps correctly. Let me know if you still want to remove it or not.

With Regards,
Extremeboy
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users