Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

scrolling 'repage' really slow and 'wavy' - win xp

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Myrdda

Myrdda

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

My second and more annoying problem .. my mouse scrolls as a 'repage' ... every scroll only goes down three lines, but it's like a second page sliding overtop. I've checked the internet options setting, and I've got the smooth scrolling button checked - and have restarted after unchecking and rechecking it. It's like a wavy line almost ... and it's really slow.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

Hmmm...I think I've had that happen earlier this year, don't remember what I did to solve it...it was very, very irritating while it lasted.

Some unconfirmed Web sources say it's a video driver problem...you might try uninstalling/reinstalling those.

Louis

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:26 AM

I use a Logitech mouse but I think M/S mouse is the same. Go to Start, Programs. Select the program of your mouse. It will pop up and give you many choices from page scrolling to various speeds of the cursor and lots more.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:34 AM

If you go to the control panel and click on the mouse icon the page that opens will have a tab labeled Wheel, you can set up the number of lines or a whole page at a time.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:32 PM

If it wasn't for it being like a second page sliding over top thingie, I would think the setting for your mouse somehow got set to only scroll three lines at a time, but that other thing makes me think that isn't it and has me going, hmmmmmmm

#6 Shandley

Shandley

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

I have a similar problem on two computers. Same issue as in slow scrolling and as if one page 'waves' ontop of another form the bottom up. Both computers with these symptoms have a question mark under the video drivers (or relative) in device manager. I tried rolling the drivers back on one computer and that fixed it. The other computer wont let me roll back any further that I am. It's gotta be something of a software issue or hardware problems with a driver issue. Let me know what works for you.

Thanks,
Shandley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users