Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Easy Transfer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 delchar

delchar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

I am having a problem transferring files using Windows Easy Transfer. I am using my network for the transfer from my old computer with XP to my new computer with Vista. Every thing goes well until the actual tranfer starts. About 15 minutes into it I receive an error that there is not enough disk space. The files, etc. being transferred are 22.8gb. The data is being transferred to the D:/ drive on the new computer which has only 12gb. Why does it not go to C:/ drive where all the free space is? Can it not be done? If it can, how do I do it? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

How do you place it in there? Do you drag and drop? Because if you drag and drop- just drag multiple folders into the C Drive.
Are you going to My Documents and then doing it? Make sure the destination you set is on your C: drive, instead of your D: drive.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users