Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

more than one window open at a time?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Luvkitty

Luvkitty

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

Hello!

My question is probably really simple to answer, but I'm wondering how people have more than one window open at a time? For example, right now I have four sites that I'm tabbing back and fourth between, but isn't there a way to have the windows open, say side-by-side? Can't I be watching Twitter, for example, at the same time that I'm typing this message on Bleeping Computer without having to go to the top of the screen and click to go to the other page? When I use the minimize feature, it takes the whole page away until I click to maximize it again, so I can't figure it out.

Thanks for the help, and happy Friday!!!
Michele

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

What browser are you using? I know for a fact that both Google Chrome and Safari can pull their tabs into other windows. You can do it, and you just size it up, and place it in a square shape for 4 windows.

I'm pretty sure you can do that in Firefox.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#3 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

I'm using Internet Explorer.

#4 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

Well, that may be the case. Is there a reason why you cannot minimize it properly?
If you really want to, i'd suggest downloading Mozilla Firefox- it is afterall, a much better browser. See if it works with the minimizing. If it doesn't,we might have a bigger issue.. Hopefully it's just some settings...

Edited by Swordie, 06 March 2009 - 06:02 PM.

#5 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

Here is a link to a picture showing my screen and what happens when I have one window open and reduced in size (which I just figured out how to do on accident five minutes ago, LOL), which is Paint, and have IE open with Bleeping Computer tab clicked on. Now, what I'm trying to figure out how to do is how to click the tab at the top that says Gmail and have that window open at the same time as the Bleeping Computer window is open. If I click on the Gmail tab at the top of the screen, then the Bleeping Computer page disappears into a tab at the bottom of the screen. Does this make any sense, what I'm asking how to do?

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zmchld.jpg

Thanks,
Michele

#6 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

Yes, I understand completely what you want to do. Try this:

1. Open another IE window. Keep the SAME one from your screenshot.
2. When you open, click on File- then New Window.
3. Is there 2 windows now instead of 1?

#7 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

You're the best!!!!! :thumbsup: I'm SO excited to FINALLY know how to do this!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Maybe you know the answer to this other question, too. It's regarding Twitter.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2r5457q.jpg

This picture is of my (Luvkitty) Home screen on Twitter. When people that I'm following type in their updates, should it just automatically show up on my screen, or do I have to continually refresh to follow along? Same question with Facebook.

Thanks again for the answer to my first question about having more than one window open!! I know it's silly to be so excited over such a little thing, LOL, but I've wanted to know how to do that for so long!!

Hope you're having a great day!!

Michele :flowers:

#8 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

You are very welcome.

I am not sure about twitter- but you should have an option in the settings to either be alerted by it immediately or by Refreshing. I know for a fact on facebook; the lower right corner with the Notifications are AUTOMATIC, meaning there is no need to refresh. Your page will be alerted as soon as updates are made. Check in Twitters' settings, and under notifications or updates, hopefully will be your answer to your 2nd question.

I hope you have a great day as well.

Swordie

#9 Luvkitty

Luvkitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:20 AM

Thanks, Swordie!!