Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet crashing/Blue screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Julianna W

Julianna W

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

The problem I am experiencing with my computer is my internet crashing randomly. And a few times now I’ve gotten the “blue screen of death” also randomly. I’m not getting any other error messages, other then the internet needing to close and the blue screen.
When I get the blue screen the screen freezes and it says:

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007e (0x80000003, 0xee8BA2EC, 0F017ABB4, 0xf017a8B0)

***kmixer.sys – Address EE8BA2EC base at EE8AB000, Datestamp 480254b3

At first I thought the problem was due the recent flash player update and internet browser update but after uninstalling and reinstalling these, there is no change. The internet used to crash when watching videos, but now any site causes it to.

I’ve run Adware and Malware, and Adware found problems (tracking cookies) and Malware found no problems. But, it seems to me like there is a good chance there is a virus that these programs are not detecting and maybe I’m posting in the wrong forum, let me know…

I noticed that my C: drive has a red “X” by it.
Also. My CD/DVD drive says “Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)” when clicking on its properties. It has a yellow circle with a “!” inside of it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall that, but it reinstalled with error and there are no updates or any type of help from Microsoft.
(I include this incase either of these are part of the problem)

I read that the blue screen could be caused by problems with the drivers, but I cannot fix them. I really don’t understand how. Or that the problem could be with a virus? I’m sorry if I went overboard on detail. And I really hope someone can help. Thanks.

I use Windows XP and have Norton as a firewall and use Opera as my internet browser.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

Some things you can try:

:trumpet: Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After itís finished it will restart into Windows automatically.

:flowers: Test your RAM with Memtest86.

:thumbsup: Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of the BSOD.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all the categories.

If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users