Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recoverring emails from another server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 munch6869

munch6869

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hi, used a yahoo account at work and at home. No longer work with the company and the yahoo password was changed (by the company). No longer have access to stored emails!!! Should'nt you be able to retrieve your messages from yahoo anywhere and only reset your pass word yourself? Frustrated to say the least. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:59 AM

If the e-mail address was one provided by the company, then yes, the company does have the right to change the password.

I take it you did not use an e-mail client such as Thunderbird or Outlook?

That said, I'd suggest talking to the company and informing them that there are e-mails in that account that you need copies of. If you filed the e-mails into folders, you could tell them the folder names containing the e-mails you need. With luck, they have not been deleted.

A word to the wise: Never use a work e-mail account for anything not work related.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 07 March 2009 - 12:00 PM.
Grammar

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 munch6869

munch6869
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

Actually, it was a personal email address that I accessed at the company, but some clients were on a personal level and communicated through that address as well. The company used a key logger on all computers on their server and changed my personal password after I left. This may wind up in court as a result since they are being unreasonable to my requests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users