Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

notepad icon on task bar

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pondering

pondering

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:29 AM

When I click on it and open it , what shows is the code for the page I'm on. I have opened it after I have copied something but it still shows the code. Sometimes it is grayed out. It has a help file but I don't understand because it always shows code.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:03 AM

Did you drop and drag it from another locatation? That already had code in it? Try removing from quicklaunch and go to start...all programs....accessories adn drop and drag that note pad to the taskbar.

#3 pondering

pondering
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:33 PM

Brunt...No I didn't knowingly put it there. :thumbsup: It isn't on quicklaunch...it is on the top of my screen where "history, homepage, search and etc "is. When it shows the code it is for the current page I'm on. It may have been installed by "IE Spell". Right now it is grayed out. Sometimes it isn't grayed out and I can open a help menu in it, that does me no good as the code is showing whenI open it up. It looks like a great tool for a pro to check for bad code on a page. It displays like if you click "show properties". It is a mystery to me. Could it be from my Cannon printer?I will have to keep on eye on the thing and see what turns it on and off.

#4 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:36 PM

OHH lol I thought you were talking about "notepad" on your taskbar in windows :thumbsup: that is for editing. You can get rid of it. By right clicking an open space up there and click customize then click on that and press remove. The ABC right next to it is for IE spell!

#5 pondering

pondering
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:00 PM

Brunt.....I don't want to get rid of it :thumbsup: ...I would like to know how to use it..it would be great to be able to use it to C+P to. Do you have it on your computer ? Did it come from IE spell ? Thanks for your patience. :flowers:

#6 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:01 PM

Yes I have IE spell. let me uninstall it and see if the edit goes away!

#7 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:39 PM

OK has nothing to do with IE spell. I opened it while on the main BleepingComputers page and it gave me the HTML codes Grinler used. As we know we cannot ecit the page. So I will look around for exactly what it is used for!

By the way is this what you see?

http://img8.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img8&image=untitled454.jpg

#8 pondering

pondering
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:52 PM

Brunt..thats what I see also. :flowers: Do you have"Clever Keys"? It becomes un- grayed when I use c/c. I hope you find out what the darn thing is for :thumbsup: THX

#9 pondering

pondering
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:04 PM

OK...I just e-mailed ck to see if the know anything about it. Will let you know what I find out. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users