Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet games/ Moved

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Yaffa

Yaffa

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

Hi, I play games from internet sites here is a list:
Gamehouse
Pogo
BigFish games
Pop Cap
I mean are they filled with viruses etc...
Thank you
Yaffa

Art Rocks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:02 AM

Hello Yaffa and welcome to BC :thumbsup:

Given that what you have posted here isn't a game to play but is rather a question if given game sites are infected, I am moving this topic out of Forum Games into the Am I Infected forum. I am moving it there because if those sites are infected and you have been going to those sites, then chances are your computer is infected.

Please tell us what your operating system is: Windows XP, Vista, etc.

What security programs do you have installed?

By chance, are you experiencing any issues with your computer: Pop-ups, redirections, etc. Please be as specific as possible.

Orange Blossom :flowers:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

Are you asking if they are safe sites to vist or do you think that you got infected from one of those sites?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Yaffa

Yaffa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:37 AM

Are you asking if they are safe sites to vist or do you think that you got infected from one of those sites?

I just want to know if they are safe sites. My putter is in great shape and im not infected not even dusty I got a compleat cleaning yesterday. anyway ther are bad game sites out there and I want to know who are the good ones and safe, a friend of mine who works on putters said he heard "Gamehouse was a good clean site. Im just asking if those sites are safe to go play at.
Thanks.Yaffa

Art Rocks

#5 Yaffa

Yaffa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hello Yaffa and welcome to BC :welcome:

Given that what you have posted here isn't a game to play but is rather a question if given game sites are infected, I am moving this topic out of Forum Games into the Am I Infected forum. I am moving it there because if those sites are infected and you have been going to those sites, then chances are your computer is infected.

Please tell us what your operating system is: Windows XP, Vista, etc.

What security programs do you have installed?

By chance, are you experiencing any issues with your computer: Pop-ups, redirections, etc. Please be as specific as possible.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

NO I am not infected just curious and I like playing games online. But I only play from 1 site my question is can anyone recomend other game sites that are safe.
My computer guru says My computer is clean as a whistle.
Thank you for being so cautious.
Yaffa

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

My wife downloads from the last 3 with no problems
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 Yaffa

Yaffa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:23 AM

My wife downloads from the last 3 with no problems

Thank you so much for finally answering my question. Next time I post I will be more explicit.
Does you wife use any other game sites I like to play.
I'm having a new putter built by dell so I can play the SIMS 3 when it comes out.
Thanx, Yaffa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users