Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video and Firewire Share IRQ - How do you change it?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sour Bacon

Sour Bacon

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:15 PM

Does anybody have step by step instructions on how to assign a different IRQ to my firewire card. I have moved it to other PCI slots and it never reassigns. All of my PCI slots are sharing the same IRQ with my video card (PCIe). I know it has to be done in the BIOS but I don't know how and I don't want to mess it up. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

See if this helps.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Sour Bacon

Sour Bacon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:34 PM

It didn't help because that was for Windows 95, 98 and ME. I have XP. Thanks anyway.

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

It's XP. Why does it even matter? If I was running a WIN9X OS, then I would be concerned.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

The following came from Annoyances.org.

You can also change from ACPI to Standard PC in you device manager. 1: press Windowskey + Pausebreak to enter system properties. 2: Open 'hardware' tab. 3: Click 'Device manager' 4: Click on the + symbol in front of 'computer' 5: Double-click 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC' 6: Open 'driver' tab 7: Select 'update driver' 8: Select 'Install from a specified location' 9: Select 'Don't search, I will choose the driver to install' 10: Select 'Standard PC' (maybe you need to de-select the 'Show compatible hardware' box) 11: Click next and follow instructions. After reboot, WinXP will re-detect all devices and re-map all IRQ's. But be aware ... you can not 'roll-back' this driver to ACPI. After you've installed the standerd PC driver you machine also won't shut-down automatically anymore when you quit Windows. You will need to power off manually when it says 'It's now safe to turn of your computer'.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users